Perioperative Series: Perioperative Emergencies - Oct 2020
Starts: 10/26/2020 9:00 AM
Ends: 10/26/2020 4:00 PM
Register for this Workshop/Event
Monday, October 26, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane, Sauk City
Registration Deadline: October 5th
RWHC Member & Affiliate Member: $160
Non-RWHC Member: $190
Fee includes program handouts and refreshments. Lunch is on your own.
RWHC is a CEU provider through the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education & Training (WISHET)
Cella Janisch-Hartline, RN, BSN, Nursing Leadership Senior Manager, PCC Certified Professional Coach, RWHC
- Brenda Gillingham, RN, BSN, CPAN, Richland Hospital, WISPAN President
- Cindy McCauley, RN, BSN, Staff Educator, Sauk Prairie Healthcare
All aspects for perioperative nurses (pre-op, intra-op and post-op) or
nurses required to recover patients as part of their duties
This workshop is designed to help nurses and health care providers recognize risk factors, assessment findings and required interventions to low volume/high risk perioperative situations/emergencies.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES – Participants will be able to:
- Review perioperative emergencies related
to anesthesia drugs, laryngospasm, emergence delirium, shock,
congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, pulmonary emboli
and malignant hyperthermia
- Recognize the anatomy and physiology characteristics/considerations to each identified emergency discussed
- Prioritize nursing interventions to be implemented in these various emergencies
- Engage in critical thinking/incorporating the knowledge learned through case studies/simulation
Review American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) classification system
- Understand how ASA is related to nursing care during procedural sedation
Review ASPAN’s standards of perianesthesia nursing practice
- Discuss implementing one’s professional organizations’ standards into practice
Visit the RWHC Clinical Education Series web page to view all our class offerings.