Presenter: Cella Janisch-Hartline, RN, BSN, ACC Certified Professional Coach, Nursing Leadership Senior Manager, RWHC
Target Audience: Nurse or Organizational Educators, Managers/Leaders/Supervisors responsible for training of staff
Program Description: Come to this workshop prepared to be highly interactive and learn new and exciting ways to enhance clinical practice, while breathing new life into competencies through case study development. Engaging all staff in a higher level of thinking is a necessity to enhance patient outcomes, improve processes, and boost organizational workflow. Developing and facilitating case studies can help us do just that. Learn the key components of case study development and review the skill set required to facilitating the case in a group setting. During this workshop the participants will work through at least two case studies using the development template facilitated by the presenter. Finally, there will be an experiential opportunity to practice writing a case study with other colleagues utilizing the case study template.
Participants will learn to:
- Engage in higher levels of critical thinking and questioning strategies through utilization of case studies
- Determine the key components of a case study
- Discuss facilitation tips and techniques
- Articulate the action/reflection model for changing or enhancing practice
- Develop at least two ideas for integrating competencies into case study work
- Practice the structure set forth for writing case scenarios
Visit the RWHC Clinical Series web page to view all our class offerings.
If you would like more information about the RWHC Leadership Series, please email Education Services Manager, Carrie Ballweg, or call 608-643-2343.