Hand in Hand Skills: Project Management and Team Facilitation - Sept - 2020
Starts: 9/15/2020 9:00 AM
Ends: 9/15/2020 3:30 PM
Register for this Workshop/Event
Hand in Hand Skills: Project Management and Team Facilitation
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane, Sauk City
Registration Deadline: August 25
RWHC Member & Affiliate Member: $160
Fee includes program handouts and refreshments/breaks. Lunch is on your own.
RWHC is a CEU provider through the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education & Training (WISHET)
Jo Anne Preston, Workforce & Organizational Development Senior Manager
Healthcare Managers, both experienced and new in their role
Organizations regularly get projects
completed through the work of teams. Facilitating or leading a project
team is different than being an individual go-getter. It requires
facilitation skills to leverage results from a diverse group of people
and tools to move your project from idea to closure. This workshop
combines key features of two previously separate workshops into one
practical skill building session.
Do any of these challenges sound familiar?
- Meeting problems: no agenda, not on time, get off topic, bad behaviors!
- My teams start off with good enthusiasm,
but often things break down, stall out, or morph into something
- It seems like I am the one doing most of the work between meetings
- When there is conflict on the team it just seems to pull the effort apart
- We just keep having the same conversation over and over
- Multiple projects are overwhelming
- It’s unclear what exactly we are supposed to be doing (and why, and how, and for/with whom)
It feels like we are never done with anything
- Unintended consequences arise, causing more problems than solutions
If so, you are not alone. Join us for a day of learning practical tools and techniques to increase your project team’s success!
Program Objectives: Participants will learn to:
- Define the unique roles of the team facilitator and project manager
- Identify components of effective meeting management and practice implementing them (including communicating clearly, managing behaviors, making decisions, enhancing creativity)
Understand the stages of group development and how they impact team performance
Learn the project management life cycle and practice the basic tools needed for each step of the cycle