Today, more than ever, achieving accurate coding for claims submission and subsequent reimbursement is essential for your facility’s bottom line. This is why RWHC offers an innovative Coding Consultation Service that will help your staff meet the heightened demand for correct coding and claims submission.
The RWHC Coding Consultation Service is designed to offer practical solutions to your every day coding needs. Our goal is to educate and prepare your staff members to handle any coding challenge that may arise in an inpatient, outpatient or ambulatory surgery setting.
Following is an overview of the specific services available through this service:
- Coding Audits – To ensure accurate reporting applications, appropriate reimbursement, and compliance to coding guidelines, code validation reviews can be scheduled either on or off-site. Our coding expert can travel to your hospital; or if you can grant electronic access, we can perform the review offsite to eliminate travel expenses. Our coding expert is an AHIMA certified RHIT, CCS, CDIP and is an AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer. Code reviews may target your special needs and may include the following:
- Inpatient review: Includes validation of MSDRG, discharge disposition, POA indicator assignment, and documentation review.
- Ambulatory Surgery Review: Includes validation of ICD and CPT codes, modifier assignment, medical necessity, as well as UB claim item reviews including units and revenue code assignments.
- Emergency Room Review: Includes validation of ICD and CPT codes, physician EM assignment, modifiers, as well as UB claim item reviews of units and revenue codes.
- Coding Education & Training –
- Our Coding Expert provides onsite or regional education and training programs. These can be scheduled upon request and structured to fit your distinct needs.
- Coding mentoring program provides one on one education with recent Coding Staff hires.
- Reimbursement Hotline – This is a web based tool which allows hospital staff to obtain a prompt response to specific coding questions, resolve a difference of opinion among internal staff, or to verify other coding/billing related information. All Q/A’s are sanitized and posted to the site so all subscribers can monitor all Q/As submitted and/or search for specific detailed information.
- Per Diem Coding – Although the focus of this service is on long-term solutions, per diem coding may be available for scheduled vacations, medical leaves or other staffing emergencies.
For additional information, contact Sheila Goethel at RWHC, (608) 643-2343.