|Dear RWHC Members:
RWHC is pleased to provide the following Clinical Education Series program:
|Perioperative Emergencies: Part One
Friday, March 31, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane, Sauk City
Registration Deadline: March 10
|RWHC Member: $160
Non RWHC-Member: $190
Fee includes program handouts, refreshments and lunch. Please contact RWHC with any special dietary needs.
RWHC is a CEU provider through the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education & Training (WISHET)
Target Audience: All aspects for perioperative nurses (pre-op, intra-op and post-op) or nurses required to recover patients as part of their duties
Cella Janisch-Hartline, RN, BSN, ACC Certified Professional Coach, Nursing Leadership Senior Manager, RWHC
- Joy Pfeffer, RN, BSN, Clinical Educator, RWHC
- Brenda Gillingham, RN, BSN, Richland Hospital
Program Description: This workshop is designed to help nurses and health care providers recognize risk factors, assessment findings and required interventions to low volume/high risk perioperative situations/emergencies.
Program Objectives: – Participants will learn to:
- Review perioperative emergencies related to anesthesia drugs, laryngospasm, emergency delirium, shock, congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, pulmonary emboli and malignant hyperthermia
- Recognize the anatomy and physiology characteristics/considerations to each identified emergency discussed
- Prioritize nursing interventions to be implemented in these various emergencies
- Engage in critical thinking/incorporating the knowledge learned through case studies/simulation
- Review American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) classification system. Understand how ASA is related to nursing care during procedural sedation
- Review ASPAN’s standards of perianesthesia nursing practice. Discuss implementing one’s professional organizations’ standards into practice