Risk Management 101
Monday, June 24, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane
Sauk City, WI
Registration Deadline: June 3rd
Fee*: $20 per person
Fee includes program handouts, refreshments and lunch. Please contact RWHC with any special dietary needs.
* This low fee is possible due to support of the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program Grant from WI-ORH.
Paul Frigoli, Ph.D., R.N., C.P.H.Q., M.B.B., the Aspirus Riverview Director of Emergency Services. Paul has a Ph.D. in training and performance improvement, was a past president of the Wisconsin Association for Healthcare Quality, is a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality, and is a Certified Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma. Paul has held leadership positions in emergency services and quality improvement throughout his career with healthcare organizations and has been an RN since 1980.
RWHC and WI-ORH would like to invite you to attend this "Risk Management 101" educational session. Topics to be covered include risk identification, analysis, and control.
New Risk Managers in Critical Access hospitals or small rural hospitals
- Articulate a working definition of healthcare risk management and the role of the risk manager
- Identify the top three risk management issues in today’s healthcare systems
- Create some key initiatives to improve patient and workplace safety
- Understand a clear definition of errors, variances, near misses, and violations
- Verbalize a basic understanding of HIPAA and EMTALA laws
- Complete a FMEA and a RCA
- Create a healthcare risk management plan and execute a healthcare risk assessment
Methodology: the workshop uses interactive participation and hands-on learning methods using actual tools that will be useful in identifying risk and promoting patient safety in the workplace.
We look forward to seeing you in June for this great opportunity!
If you would like more information, please email Janet Wagner, Quality Services Senior Manager, RWHC