Wednesday, May 29, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane, Sauk City
Registration Deadline: May 8th
RWHC Member & Affiliate Member: $160
Non-RWHC Member: $190
Fee includes program handouts, refreshments and lunch. Please contact RWHC with any special dietary needs.
RWHC is a CEU provider through the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education & Training (WISHET)
Erin Smital, RN, Nursing Professional Development Educator, RWHC
Healthcare Managers, both experienced and new in their role
So you are a new manager who used to work right alongside the people you now supervise. How do you achieve success in this new role and manage the potential problems that can arise? This workshop focuses on four strategies for navigating the changing relationship from peer to supervisor/manager: communicating clearly, setting boundaries, decision making and leading by your actions.
Participants will learn to:
Accept your new supervisory role
- Establish clear boundaries
- Communicate clearly
- Take effective action
Consider taking this workshop if the following are mostly true for you:
- I now supervise people who used to be my peers
- There are people I supervise who are my friends but now I fear losing that friendship and rapport
- I am uncomfortable when disciplining a former peer
- I manage people who are older and more experienced than I am
- I find that I sometimes have to enforce a policy that I may not always have followed before becoming a manager
- I know I would not play favorites but sometimes employees think I do because of former peer/friend relationships
- Sometimes former peers push the boundaries of confidential information
- I want to learn how to be successful in building trust and credibility in my new role
Visit the RWHC Leadership Series web page to view all our class offerings.
If you would like more information about the RWHC Leadership Series, please email Education Services Manager, Carrie Ballweg, or call 608-643-2343.