Friday, March 9, 2018
(Based on The One Minute Manager)
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane, Sauk City
Registration Deadline: February 16
Member Fee: $160
Non-Member Fee: $190
Fee includes program handouts, refreshments and lunch. Please contact RWHC with any special dietary needs.
RWHC is a CEU provider through the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education & Training (WISHET)
Instructor: Cella Janisch-Hartline, RN, BSN, RWHC Nursing Leadership Senior Manager
Target Audience: All healthcare managers, leaders and supervisors, both experienced and new in their role
Program Description: Understanding the metaphor of Monkey Management is essential to the effectiveness of all health care leaders. The monkey is identified as other people’s problems, challenges and issues that somehow get passed to and inadvertently get accepted by the leaders. To this end, the leader is carrying the burden of keeping the monkeys alive, well fed and swinging freely in the trees. Come learn the skills of Monkey Management in this fun, effective and entertaining workshop.
Participants will learn to:
- Define a work monkey
- Identify the common monkeys that get in the way of a manager’s effectiveness
- Determine who owns the monkeys with strategies on how to return the monkeys to their rightful owner
- Recognize how to care for the monkeys that you do own, through effective delegation strategies
- Review the principles of “The One Minute Manager” series: - One minute goal setting - One minute praisings - One minute reprimands
- Share implementation strategies/technique which ultimately improves time management/productivity
Consider taking this workshop if the following are mostly true for you:
- As a manager you often feel overwhelmed by your desk full of problems
- Although you work hard and put in long hours, you still feel like you are making little progress on the mounting piles or identified work problems/issues in the workplace
- You need to find a way to return to a healthy work/home balance. On your team you have noticed that you are running out of time while your employees are typically running out of work
- You would like to save time and increase your productivity in all aspects of your life
Visit the RWHC Leadership Series web page to view all our class offerings.
If you would like more information about the RWHC Leadership Series, please email Education Services Manager, Carrie Ballweg, or call 608-643-2343.