|Dear RWHC Members:
RWHC is pleased to provide the following Clinical Education Series program:
|SANE Refresher Overview 2017:
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
RWHC Office & Training Center
880 Independence Lane, Sauk City
Registration Deadline: September 20
|RWHC Member: $160
Non-RWHC Member: $190
Limited to: 24 participants
Fee includes program handouts, refreshments and lunch. Please contact RWHC with any special dietary needs.
0.8 CEUs (8 contact hours)
RWHC is a CEU provider through the Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Education & Training (WISHET)
• Saskia Lodder, SANE-A, SANE-P, Aurora Burlington/Lakeland
• Jill Poarch, SANE-A, SANE-P, Sauk Prairie Healthcare
• Angela Reetz, SANE-A, Divine Savior, Portage
New and experienced SANE nurses, as well as SANE Coordinators/Leaders
This interactive workshop is designed to review updates to forensic photography and documentation. Throughout the day, those attending will be engaged in critical thinking through actual case studies or simulated situations. Focused activities will include: preparing the patient for the photography experience, answering frequently asked questions, and taking photographs of simulated injuries while utilizing measuring techniques. In addition, there will be a review on toluidine blue and using alternative light sources. The bonus of the day will be seeing actual injuries through photography documentation of real life cases.
- Review requirements/considerations for forensic photography and documentation
- Refresh on the use of toluidine blue and alternate light sources
- Engage in critical thinking through actual photo documented case studies
- Practice taking pictures of injuries while utilizing measuring instruments
- Participate in communicating the need for photography documentation with your patient through simulated experiences