Presenter: Jo Anne Preston, RWHC Workforce & Organizational Development Senior Manager
Target Audience: Healthcare Managers, both experienced and new in their role, and anyone who facilitates teams.
Program Description: Much of organizational work is done with teams, and getting results from a diverse group of people requires a skilled facilitator. Sometimes we find that all we do is meet, meet and meet but struggle to get to accomplishment. Come to this tool-building workshop to learn how to get the most productivity out of every stage of your team’s work.
- A lot of times my meetings start and end late, and we have trouble keeping on the topic
- My teams start off with good enthusiasm, but often things break down mid-way and just sort of drag on
- It seems like I am the one doing most of the work between meetings
- There are people on the team who are disruptive in a variety of ways
- When there is conflict on the team it just seems to pull the effort apart
- We just keep having the same conversation over and over
If so, you are not alone. It is not enough to have an idea and create a team to work on it. There are tools that can really help you address some of the challenges of working with teams.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand the unique role of the team facilitator
- Identify components of running effective meetings
- Recognize challenging team behaviors and skills to redirect the group back on track
- Demonstrate the use of tools for enhancing team creativity, making decisions and implementing plans
- Understand the stages of group development and work with them to reach peak team performance
- Recognize the malfunctions of a team and how to prevent them
Visit the RWHC Leadership Series web page to view all our class offerings.
If you would like more information about the RWHC Leadership Series, please email Education Services Manager, Carrie Ballweg, or call 608-643-2343.